Pro Karelia ry
Kirjoittajan muita artikkeleita
31.12.2018 [05, 08]
» EVAKKOJEN OMISTUSOIKEUS YHÄ SUOMESSA HOITAMATTA
30.03.2016 [05, 10]
» SERBIA PALAUTTAA HOLOKAUSTIN RYÖSTÖOMAISUUTTA
23.03.2016 [02, 03]
» HAJASIJOITUSKO PELASTAA MEIDÄT?
10.03.2016 [03, 10]
» ONKO SUOMI VARAUTUNUT VENÄJÄN SORTUMISEEN?
08.03.2016 [02, 08]
» KARELIA KLUBIN STRATEGIA
29.02.2016 [02, 10, 18]
» KARELIA KLUBI RY:N VUOSIKOKOUSPÖYTÄKIRJASTA 2016 LUETTUA
» KARELIA KLUBI RY:N VUOSIKOKOUS 25.02.2016
21.09.2015 [03, 04, 10]
» UUSI VENÄLÄINEN NORD STREAM 2 -KAASUPUTKI
16.09.2015 [02, 04]
» KARJALAN WIN-WIN -PALAUTUS TV:SSÄ
27.06.2015 [02, 10]
» KOLMEN KARJALA-KIRJAN JULKISTAMINEN 28.08.2015
15.04.2015 [02, 15, 18]
» TERVETULOA YLEISÖTILAISUUTEEN PE 29.05.2015!
13.01.2015 [02, 07]
» MIKÄ ON KARJALAN WIN-WIN -PALAUTUKSEN SUURI KONTEKSTI?
01.01.2015 [02, 03, 06]
» PRESIDENTTI TUOMITSI VOIMANKÄYTÖN, MITÄ TILALLE?
» EUEEP:N VUOSIKOKOUS 2015 STUTTGARTISSA
12.09.2014 [02, 03]
» KAHDEN TASON PELI KARJALAN WIN-WIN -PALAUTUKSESSA
26.08.2014 [02, 13]
» KARJALAN WIN-WIN -PALAUTUKSEN YLEISÖTILAISUUS 03.09.14
22.05.2014 [02, 10]
» OUTO STATUS QUO -AJATTELU
04.05.2014 [02, 11, 18]
» KARJALAN WIN-WIN -PALAUTUKSEN YLEISÖTILAISUUS 06.05.14
27.03.2014 [02, 11, 18]
» ILPO HELTIMOISESTA KARELIA KLUBI RY:N PUHEENJOHTAJA
22.03.2014 [05, 08]
» TUOMIOJA EI VASTAA IMMOSEN KYSYMYKSEEN
22.03.2014 [04, 05, 08]
» TUOMIOJAN VASTAUS IMMOSELLE EVAKKOJEN RESTITUUTIO-OIKEUDESTA
» IMMONEN TIUKKAA HALLITUKSELTA RESTITUUTIO-OIKEUDESTA
» VIRO JA VENÄJÄ RAJASOPIMUKSEEN HELMIKUUSSA 2014
22.01.2014 [03, 10]
» VENÄJÄ JA JAPANI NEUVOTTELEVAT TAAS KURIILEISTA
05.12.2013 [04, 06]
27.11.2013 [02, 06, 10]
» SUOMEN ITSENÄISYYDEN 100-VUOTISJUHLA
» HYÖKKÄYS PRO KARELIAN SERVERILLE
20.09.2013 [06, 07]
» KKL 15: MUSTAN NAUHAN PÄIVÄ 23.08
» ILPO HELTIMOINEN KARJALAN KUVALEHDEN LEVIKKIPÄÄLLIKÖKSI
25.06.2013 [04, 07, 10]
» TUTKINTAPYYNTÖ PRESIDENTTI PUTINISTA
Lisää artikkeleita kirjoittajalta
Tämä artikkeli liittyy alla lueteltuun/lueteltuihin artikkeliryhmiin.
Klikkaamalla artikkeliryhmää näet, mitä muita artikkeleita ryhmään kuuluu.
 Karjalan palautus
Resolution adopted by
EPP Congress, Brussels, 04-05 February 2004
Condemning totalitarian Communism
In the 20th Century, there evolved two equally inhumane totalitarian regimes – Communism and Nazism, both of which resulted in millions of victims. The defeat of Nazism in the 2nd World War allowed its crimes to be investigated and condemned, and the guilty persons to be tried. The Communist system has collapsed, but a similar international condemnation has not followed.
a) having regard to the declarations of most national parliaments in the States affected;
b) whereas nazi and fascist-totalitarianism has been rightly condemned internationally, but that totalitarian Communism has not yet been condemned from a moral perspective;
c) whereas in different parts of the world a few totalitarian Communist regimes are still clinging to power at high cost to the well-being of their people;
d) whereas the danger of totalitarian Communist regimes regaining power has not disappeared, and this ideology continues to endanger world peace and the free development of nations;
e) whereas the fight against fascism has demonstrated that the demolition of a regime does not defeat an ideology, and that the memory of the crimes committed must be maintained in order to prevent revival of totalitarian ideologies and practices.
1. Underlines the fact that totalitarian Communist regimes in Central and Eastern Europe murdered millions of innocent people of all nationalities and damaged many others by causing serious crimes, particularly:
__deportation of millions of people to Siberia and other locations, including the old, the sick, pregnant women, children and babies;
__removal of entire populations from their countries of origin;
__persecution and unfair trials of political opponents of the dictatorship;
__fixed elections leading to illegitimate Parliaments and the usurping of power and de facto imposition of such regimes;
__inhumane treatment and torture in concentration camps, prisons and detention centres, especially of political prisoners and detainees;
__persecution based on ethnic grounds, often equal to genocide;
__persecution based on religious grounds;
__persecution based on social origin;
__total control by the security services over the lives of people and violation of their privacy;
__proclaiming and promoting an ideology of hatred;
__forbidding freedom of association and freedom of assembly;
__restriction of free movement within the state and abroad;
__serious violations of political pluralism, of freedom of conscience, and of freedom to express political views other than totalitarian Communist ideology;
__denial of access to free information and complete lack of press freedom;
__expropriation of land and other forms of private property;
__support for revolutionary communist movements which fought outside of the democratic arena;
__Export of financial resources abroad the destiny of which remains unclear to this date but which definitely belong to the people of the States concerned;
2. considers that every victim of any totalitarian regime is equal in dignity and deserves justice;
3. is concerned about the lack of proper international evaluation to date of the huge loss of human lives and the sufferings of millions of people in Central and Eastern Europe;
4. notes that after the collapse of these regimes important historical research has been done;
5. urges the complete revelation of the truth about crimes during the period of totalitarian regimes as a vehicle for the moral resurgence of society in the post-totalitarian Europe;
6. urges the creation of an independent expert body for the collection and assessment of information about crimes during totalitarian communism;
7. invites Member states and accession countries to set up national committees to investigate crimes committed during the totalitarian communist regimes, which should report their findings to the independent body;
8. invites Member states and accession countries to lift all confidentiality, if such still exists, of documents which could illuminate the cases connected with crimes committed during the communist regimes, especially those committed by the secret services and political police, and encourage citizens to come forward and bear witness to such events before the above independent body and national committees;
9. on the basis of the information collected and assessed by the independent body:
a) calls for the European Union to adopt an official declaration for the international condemnation of totalitarian communism;
b) calls for the setting up of a European research and documentation centre, to continue collecting, assessing and publishing information about totalitarian communism, and provide a focus for further study and historical research;
c) invites the designation of a “Day of Victims” of the totalitarian Communist regimes;
d) creation of a memorial museum of victims of communism.
10. calls on all those who intend to assume a political function in the EU institutions to disclose their professional and political activities in former communist states and to refrain from taking up a European post if they formed part of the repressive Communist enforcement agencies, or were involved in crimes against humanity.
|Artikkelien kommentointi on toistaiseksi lopetettu.
Kommentin tai mielipiteen voi lähettää suoraan Pro Karelia -verkkolehden toimitukselle: firstname.lastname@example.org
^ Takaisin ylös
Lisää artikkeleita kirjoittajalta
Tutustu kirjaan ja tilaa se Karelia Klubi Kaupasta, sähköpostitse tai 05 541 6450, hinta 19:50 euroa.
Siirry Kansalaisvetoomuksen internet-sivuille. Vetoomus ei ole jäsenlomake.
Candomino laulaa karjalaisia lauluja [mp3-file].